1) Cut the slices of selected smoked bacon into small strips.
2) Put the olive oil in a frying pan to fry the bacon.
3) Beat the eggs and add the cream, season with salt and at the end add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes over a low heat until it thickens slightly and set aside.
4) In a pan cook the spaghetti in plenty of water with a pinch of salt until al dente, about 8 minutes.
5) Drain the spaghetti and add to the pan along with 2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water, mixing well.
6) Serve immediately sprinkled with the grated parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste.